FAQ Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules
1. Who shouldn’t use Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules?
Do not use Saw Palmetto if you are under 18 years of age, if you have a known hypersensitivity to Saw Palmetto berries (or herb) or any of the other ingredients used in Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules.
2. Can Prostasan Saw Palmetto be taken with other medicines?
As with all Saw Palmetto products, if you are already taking medication for an enlarged prostate, talk to your doctor before using Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules as it may not be suitable for you. You may use Saw Palmetto products with other medicines. Contact us if in doubt.
3. Why is it in a gelatine capsule?
Prostasan® contains an extract of Saw Palmetto berries rich in oil. A vegetarian capsule would not be a suitable environment for preserving the Saw Palmetto oil.
4. Why must I have a diagnosis of BPH confirmed by my doctor before starting treatment with Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules?
This is to exclude the possibility of a more serious prostate condition such as prostate cancer.Although prostate cancer is a much rarer condition, it becomes more common with increasing age, just as with an enlarged prostate.
5. Can I take Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules long term?
You may use Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules as long as you need the treatment. However, as with other Saw Palmetto products, seek medical advice if your symptoms worsen or are accompanied by fever or if you find blood in your urine.